Pick Different CSS Files
CoryBradford last edited by
Does anyone know how to pick different CSS files for output? I created a workflow that has the following actions:
- Document Text
- Convert Markdown
- Set Variable (variable name: markdown; store the markdown text)
- Get File Contents (I specify css.css as the CSS file i want)
- Set variable (variable name: css; stores the text contents of the css.css file)
- Generate text (setup HTML; use <style>css</style> and <body>markdown</body>)
- Serve HTML (A python script from another workflow that in essence prepends pdf to the http address which then opens in Readdle PDF Converter.
What I was hoping is if there was a way at step 4 to pick a css file to use. Depending on what I am writing I use different stylings for the output. I don't know python, so if that is the solution, can someone help me write the script?
JonB last edited by
Are you using a ui? Or just the console?
Is a dropdown that lets you select a file. If you had some sort of ui settings, you can add this class in the ui editor for example (just make sure you have
from file_picker import FilteredFileDropdownbefore you load your view. You can override
*.cssto show only css files. This version only shows files in the specified base folder. Note you'd need dropdown.py from the same repo as well.
If you just want to prompt the user for a file, see
I really need to revamp that, (maybe polymerchm has something better now, I know he was working on something similar) but you would create a FileViewer, then call getFile.
peterh86 last edited by
You can write the css file name as the first line of the document, then you need to strip of that first line later.