This is the community forum for my apps Pythonista and Editorial.
For individual support questions, you can also send an email. If you have a very short question or just want to say hello — I'm @olemoritz on Twitter.
Problem with Xcode template
When I build my app for the iPad 2 simulator, everything works fine. When I build for my iPad mini, I get
ld: -no_compact_unwind and -bitcode_bundle (Xcode setting ENABLE_BITCODE=YES) cannot be used together clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
What causes this, and how can I fix it? I'm using the newer 1.6 project template.
Had to go into build settings and set "enable bitcode" to "no"
Tizzy last edited by
just wanted to +1 this. Same issue, same fix.
Another issue with regards to the template/xcode.
When running my App from within Pythonista on iOS, everything works wonderfully, including outbound "web browser" commands to open other apps.
After loading the app onto my device using Xcode and the pythonista template, these same outbound web browser url schemes for external apps seem to hang the app and not launch the apps it. Anybody have any idea why this is?
And of course its much harder to debug in a standalone app without the pythonista debugger views since Xcode doesn't show much with regards to python..unless there's something I'm missing?
I feel like more development effort should go into the project template, making sure everything works. I still have crashes after the splash screen when I open an app on iOS 9.
userista last edited by
@omz Can you open source the template - it would make debugging these issues much easier....(obviously unless that entails open sourcing the entire Pythonista!)
Cethric last edited by
@Webmaster4o can you run the Xcode template on the device through Xcode. (ie connect the device to the computer via USB and the in Xcode select you iOS device as the build traget and then press run (or CMD-R)) as that is meant to send log output back to Xcode (At least it does for apps I have made in it.) provided you are using the 1.6 beta project you would then need to use
printfstatements to see the result in the Xcode output
Will try. Haven't tried super hard yet. I suspect it's because of my upgrade to iOS 9, but I don't know enough about how all that stuff works, didn't think it would matter, but that's my guess