Bug list for beta release 160037
I figured I would start a thread to document bugs in one place.
160036160037 (starting to test in 2.0):
extended keyboard still does not work in console on iPad 3/ios8. On Ipad 3, typing a two single quotes after an equal sign in the editor results in
=''. pressing a space before the = properly inserts a pair of quotes.
- On Ipad 3, fullscreen convert_point, convert_rect, do not work correctly in fullscreen. see here. This was a bug in 1.5 as well, though I thought it was fixed in a recent beta build
- Similar problems with convert_point converting from a
sheetto None.. the result has the sheet screen position added in twice. Thus 0,0 gets converted to (2x,2y) instead of (x,y)
View.closedoes not work for panel mode (not new)
- Keyboard focus stays in editor, but shows console
Keyboard displays white keys after dismissing view.
- View.touch_enabled = False has no effect:
>>> v=ui.View() >>> v.touch_enabled True >>> v.touch_enabled=False >>> v.touch_enabled True
- popover_location does not accept ui.Point [verified in 2.0]
SegmentedControl().subviews does not work properly
- image_quad from arguments are incorrectly scaled. (workaround seems to be to multiply by 2, though i suspect this may depend on device)[not tested yet in 160037]
- ui editor does not save the currently editing view when switching focus to console (unlike script editor, which does). This leads to confusion when loading/presenting a view from the console( why the $!?& is the button action i added not getting called?). It does seem to save when switching to a different file tab. Seems like whenever console input gets focus, play is pushed, or an action run, any dirty files should be written to disk first.
- editor strips off trailing newlines from files.
- syntax highlighting for multiple same line imports (
import ui, os) only highlights first module
- SpriteNode without a texture=None does not work.
- IndentationErrors in the traceback viewer do not navigate to, or highlight the offending line, despite listing the line number in the traceback.
- TableView does not honor
- ~~App Extension does not work on 32 bit devices. ~~
- autocomplete in console: autocomplete after an equal sign (without a space) results in whole line getting replaced.
- If a quote is opened in the console input, copy/paste from the console does not work (copy is from the input, not output)
- scene.ShapeNode requires a
pathargument, otherwise attribute error occurs.
- Vector2, etc type error when using future.division.
- Rect.inset does not work correctly when the Rect has negative widths (need to change sign of inputs)
- (suggestion) Views presented as panel should have the "dock" button to return to the editor (rather than first tabbing to console). This goes for webbrowsers too.
- (suggestion) option to open contextmenu help in docked doc window rather than popover quickhelp. or, a button in quickhelp to open same page in full docs.
- (suggestion) ability to manage
- (suggestion) Community forum link should open in an internal webbrowser, rather than launching safari. Or, this should be an option. With the new docking mode, it is now much easier to paste back and forth between editor and forums.
Can anyone on ios8 using a 32 bit device check if the extension works? i.e safari share sheet, does clicking Run Pythonista Scropt do anything? this is the second build for me where it does not.
Thanks, I just tested it on an iPad mini with iOS 8, and it doesn't work here either. I'm looking into it, not sure yet what to make of the crash log.
@JonB Turns out I had accidentally left some testing code there that was using ReplayKit (iOS 9 only).
Not sure if this one is new or now, but the editor seems to be stripping of trailing newlines from files. I have not completely confirmed this yet, or whether it is a dulwich thing, or an editor thing, but my git is showing any file i open gets the final newline removed.
No, this is a feature of the editor, and it's been in for a while. (IIRC I included it on one of my long bug/suggestion lists at some point.)
autocomplete bug in console: any autocomplete in console that occurs after an equal sign results in the whole line getting replaced with the autocompleted item. Pressing a space after equals makes things work as espected.
bug: selecting /copying text from console output in split console mode does not work. Instead, select targets the console input. This is similar to a bug for the main console tthat was fixed in 160036 or earlier.
edit: actually this happens in either mode, but only when a quote is opened in the console input. i.e, typing
then trying to copy a class name from a previous console output does not work
pathis an optional argument to
scene.ShapeNode(…), omitting it causes an
line_width. Probably should be optionally assigned in line 287 of module
if path is not None: self.line_width = path.line_width
The workaround is to use an empty path in
path = path or ui.Path()
import scene v=scene.Vector2(3,4) print(v/2)
works as advertised, adding
from __future__ import division
type error(unsupported operand types). See
operator.__truediv__why this is so.
The workaround is to multiply (
print(v*(1/2))), but obviously
scene.Vector2.__truediv__ = scene.Vector2.__div__would be much preferred.
@ccc, your code works well, but what I didn't explain before is that I want to create a
ShapeNodewithout an initial
path, and set the
pathlater. Creating a dummy
pathat initiation works, but seems wasteful. Also took me some time to figure out, why my code wouldn't work
@omz, the Rect.inset api text appears to be wrong. The Rect param to pass in is not listed, omitted.
Rect.inset(top, left[, bottom, right])
Think it should be
Rect.inset(other_rect , top, left[, bottom, right])
insetmethod doesn't have an
other_rectparameter (and I'm not sure what you'd expect it to do, maybe there's a misunderstanding about what the method does?).
insetis a normal method that you should call on a
a_rect.inset(...)), and you're trying to call it as a static method (like
@omz , yes I see now. Title should have said brain error. Too much alcohol of Christmas and new year. Oh, well sorry.
@dgelessus , you are right. I was not calling on an instance as I should have been 🤐 I am going to go and crawl under a rock now. With a whisky of course 😱
One documentation bug is that under documentation for the
stringmodule as well as for the built-in-type
str, after all methods being listed, they are all listed again under deprecated methods, with only the actually deprecated methods having badges as such.
in 2.0: (starting to update the running list as these are tested in 2.0)
* Deleting editor actions (from wrench) crashes pythonista in ios8.4.1 on ipad3.
* Copying from console does not work reliably if keyboard is shown (copy option is not shown, only paste. Can always be reproduced if opening s single wuote in console input, then trying to copy console output, but occurs in other situations as well)
- In console prompt, if tapping an autocorrect prompt, it replaces your entire text
- On the extended keyboard on iPad, long pressing on a key in the top row will show a pop up, but this popup is invisible for the bottom row.
The link to the forums in 2.0 seems to be broken. it points to
which returns an object not found error.
@JonB The link you just posted redirects to https://forum.omz-software.com/category/5/pythonista for me.