Built-in Paramiko library incompatible with OS X
I'm finding that the version of paramiko supplied in Pythonista is not compatible with the current version of Mac OS X, and fails with "SSHException: Incompatible ssh peer". From some cursory research it looks like this is a known issue that is fixed in Paramiko's latest release … is there any way to update the included libraries in Pythonista?
@dchevell , if you are in the beta program for Pythonista, there was a email about a 2.0.1
Part of the email below...
Given you are interested in a specific module, you might want to ask @omz to get on the beta list with TestFlight.
What To Test:
- Fixed missing key popups on iOS 9.2 (long press on extra keyboard row)
- Fixed crash when deleting an editor action on iOS 8
- Fixed arguments (sys.argv) not being saved for editor actions
- Fixed "automatic character pairs" setting (didn't work at all in 2.0)
- Fixed some issues with objc_util inferring incorrect type encodings for protocol methods in create_objc_class()
- Updated paramiko module to version 1.16
in the mean time, you can use stash, and run pip install paramiko
Thanks guys! Will do. I'm impressed that something like this has already been addressed in beta.