Old Pythonista Xcode template
Here is the old Pythonista Xcode template. It does not support a lot of the new modules in Pythonista 2.0, only some. The official link @omz posted does not work anymore. Luckily, I was able to find a copy on my computer. Please post any questions or issues on this thread.
If the one I posted is the "old" one, does anyone have a link to the "new" one?
If I have read correctly, there is not an official 2.0 one yet but one that was made for the beta (1.6).
I would love to get the link to a newer version.
@mrcoxall this is the new one. The old one is from 1.5 and has no new features. This is the new one, which has some features from the 1.6 beta. There is no current one.
FYI for the record the shasum value for what I believe is the original template file posted last year (modified June 11 2015) is 01eab821bf95b7875a0f450a977f2c624ef3a333
the shasum value for the file the OP posted above is
For whatever it's worth.
Would be nice if there was a definitive checksum from @omz to verify the project template.
I have been doing some more testing with this template for Xcode.
When I run it in an iPad 2 simulator, it works fine.
When I switch to iPad Air 2, I get the following errors:
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
"OBJC_CLASS$PythonistaAppViewController", referenced from:
objc-class-ref in AppDelegate.o
l_OBJC$CATEGORY_PythonistaAppViewController$_StatusBar in AppDelegate.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
Do I remember correctly that this template will not work on 64 bit iPads?
Is there anything I (or someone on the forums) can change so that it will run on 64 bit iPads?
If I can not submit to the App Store, it is not very useful to me right now.
@mrcoxall I seem to remember being able to run this on a 64 bit device, but I think I ran into a similar problem (I'm not sure). If you search the forums and Google for the error, you might be able to find a post I wrote a while back…
It will work on actual 64 bit devices. But not in the simulator. It's been like that since day one as per @omz himself.
BTW I've been thinking of doing something:
since the template is a little out of date now, I wanted to update it with the newer additions such as objc_util....
If @omz would be ok with it, I'd like to put the template on github (maybe we could make it private for forum members here only if that made him feel better?)
and from there we could make fixes to it etc, so that @omz doesn't have to spend his valuable time working on what is probably a niche add-on to Pythonista on which his time is not as well-spent as working on Pythonista itself.
While we're on the topic -> does anybody know away to make the dropboxsync.py script include the libraries where objc_util is located?
You were correct, it works fine on an iPad Pro when you load it on.
I have updated the template to have the "new Pythonista" icon.
I love the idea of placing it on GitHub.
One of the updates I would like to see is a label saying "loading ..." on the blue screen that shows up first before it moves up and your app loads. On older iPads like the original iPad Mini, this screen stays there for a few seconds and people think the app is not working properly.
Here is the update link with the template with the new Pythonista icons:
So, it turns out the new template is not working for everything I need.
I want to use the new scene management script that uses the new scene module:
It works great in the iPad in Pythonista but when I place it in the new template and then load it onto an iPad I get the following errors:
2016-02-14 22:10:49.456 PythonistaProject[2148:1325777] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '*** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects'
*** First throw call stack:
(0x181c41900 0x1812aff80 0x181b301a8 0x181b30040 0x1000b3fc8 0x1000af73c 0x1869340c0 0x186933cc4 0x18693aab4 0x186937fa0 0x1869adcd0 0x1000ac520 0x1869a976c 0x186bd8178 0x186bdc4b8 0x186bd95c0 0x1831f7790 0x1831f7b10 0x181bf8efc 0x181bf8990 0x181bf6690 0x181b25680 0x1869a2580 0x18699cd90 0x1000ac008 0x1816c68b8)
libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
I guess we might have to hold out for a new 2.0 template.
@mrcoxall yes, it was discussed that this was created before the new scene module was in place.