How to force Editorial to reload Dropbox files and folder lists
I just had a bunch of conflicts in my early experimenting with Editorial's Dropbox sync, and found I had to force-kill Editorial, to get it to see changes made via Dropbox on my PC - prompting me to wonder:
In Editorial, for files and folders in Dropbox, is there any way to:
- Force Editorial to save the file currently being edited to Dropbox (e.g. if you know you are now about to edit it on a PC, and you want all the iPad changes to be preserved)
- Force Editorial to reload the file currently being edited, from Dropbox (for when you return to Editorial, and you know you just changed the file elsewhere on Dropbox)
- Force Editorial to reload the list of files in Dropbox (for when you had a conflict, which you just resolved elsewhere)
I made some progress with my questions.
- If you swipe from the right to preview your Markdown doc, Editorial syncs to Dropbox
- This one requires multiple steps. As far as I can tell, to force-reload the currently viewed doc in Editorial, you have to:
- Load a different doc
- Pull the file list to refresh it
- Then reload the file you original had open, which will now have any new edits from Dropbox
- I learned from "Writing On The iPad: Text Automation with Editorial", by Federico Viticci, that if you pull down in the list of files in a Dropbox folder, Editorial refreshes the view.
- It doesn't give you any visual clue that it will do this
- Also, if it has previously loaded the list of files in a folder, and then you return to that folder, you have to remember to manually pull to refresh the folder, to grab the latest files from Dropbox to avoid possible conflicts with edits from elsewhere.
I would really appreciate any tips on this - as I suspect that otherwise, I'll be spending quite a lot of time resolving conflicts - I edit on both a PC and the iPad a lot...
(Another concern is that I don't notice the conflicts, and just overwrite text by mistake)