Sync/manage files stored other than iCloud
Hi! I see that under "Script Library" in the menu, you can easily access files stored on the current device ("This iPhone/iPad") and iCloud. There doesn't seem to be a way to add a folder from another cloud storage provider, say Dropbox or Box, and sync files within that folder.
The best I could do is to first create a python file in Dropbox, then open it as an external file in Pythonista.
My use cases are
- I wish to work with existing scripts on a desktop (say Ubuntu), but I only have them available strictly on iCloud.
- I would like to work on a new script on Pythonista, and I'd like to be able to access and edit it later on a desktop via the Dropbox/Box and not iCloud.
I checked the upcoming features for Pythonista 3.3, but syncing or file management with external cloud storage providers don't seem to be in the roadmap. Hope you can consider this as a feature request, thanks!
@atomic Not sure it is what you want, but you can
- access Google Drive in the Files App
- access a Google Drive py file as external file
- edit this .py in Pythonista
- file is immediately modified in Google Drive
- thus, when you acces it on your desktop, you will access the updated version
Also not sure I'm clear enough 😢
@atomic, I have found it useful to open the whole directory as an external file. Then it is easy to browse and edit files in Pythonista. In my case this is with Working Copy, but I think the same principle applies.
@cvp thanks for the hint. I can access Google Drive but Pythonista does not show all folders and files in there. For example, I am running a shared folder with multiple scripts in it. Pytonista only shows 1 subfolder but there are around 15. All other apps show the full list. Anyone an idea how to tackle this?
@chootbl strange, I don't have this problem, are you in iOS 13?
Sorry, but in my last post in this topic, I explain how to access a py I Google Drive via the Files app, not the Pythonista app? Am I wrong?