Outliner with drag/drop reordering
@ihf but, you asked to move the pressed line and it's children lines, what I did
In my example, I pressed the 2.3 ne the moving area contains 2.3, 2.3.1 and 2.3.2
@ihf and I could only move vertically, forcing the x at left, like
as you drag
Do you want to say that I would only show the moving area if and only if I move my finger?
Édit: I stop for today but, if you have still time, answer to the last question.., thanks
Showing the area to be moved before you actually move your finger is fine. My only concern was that it not be a box larger than the area of the text otherwise it can block out part of what you’re moving to (if that makes any sense).
@ihf ok, understood, it will be so
@ihf the next version will contain, for promote/demote by gestures, two ways:
- either by a long press on one line and moving the dragging box left or right on the same line
- either by a left or right swipe on one line (what I prefer)
You should try both ways and tell me which one to keep in the script, or we can keep both
edev7666 last edited by
I would recommend an app called SpringNotes which does what you are looking for. It is an outliner that supports drag and drop for lists and auto numbers and syncs across Mac and iOS
Version V00.06 - moving box for dragging limited to text it contains - during dragging, a red line indicates where the moving text would be inserted - font button for font selection - font size button for font size selection - promote/demote by gestures: - either by a long press on one line and moving the dragging box left or right on the same line - either by a left or right swipe on one line
Don't forget that drop process is not yet programmed.
I'll stop my development until you have decided if you prefer your own script with a few functionalities or an app like adviced just above.
Please, tell me.
Nb: no qualms or regrets if you find an app that suits you better
Version V00.07 - tap popup menu y-centered on the tapped line - popup menu now horizontal in more standard aspect - locally built icon for font size button - locally built icon for font button - correction of (one) bug of cursor always set at end of text - support outline bullets format - height of outline format types menu computed in function of types number - font size introduction via integer keyboard in popover TextField
Remark that's a third way to promote/demote outlines
harryjack last edited by
I am William Smith, a woo commercial builder and I have developed many plugins like WooCommerce Banner Images, WooCommerce Banner Images (Products, Post, Categories) plugin allows you to add Banners for sale, flash marketing, and other functions to promote your Product Categories, Pages, Products, Cart, Checkout and Thankyou Pages. The controller has full control of the plugin to enable or disable Banners throughout the store.
@cvp I have not yet looked at the app that is referenced above so I can’t directly comment on its functionalities relative to my needs. On the one hand, I am in awe of how much you have managed to accomplish up to this point and I love the idea of having an app, even with more limited functionality, written in python and extendable by others (at least potentially). However, I also don’t want to impose on you, so I completely understand if you would rather move onto another project. If you decide to continue, I am very happy to continue testing and making suggestions for improvements.
@cvp I took a quick look at the website and at the video of the springnotes app and it looks very nice but it is missing crucial features (at least as far as I can tell). In particular I don’t see any mention of outline format such as legal, or other conventional formats. It could be that they just didn’t mention it but that would be a reason for me not to use it.
. If you decide to continue, I am very happy to continue testing and making suggestions for improvements.
Ok, let's continue the adventure but don't worry if I prefer develop new funny features than debugging hard bugs (I'll do it but you will obviously think that I'm too slow).
After you did read the V00.07 features, please answer to next questions.
- First of all, what do you prefer as popup menu: horizontal black or vertical?
- Do you agree for double tap instead single tap for this menu?
- What gesture do you prefer for promote /demote: long press and move left/right or swipe?
- Do I keep also these promote/demote in the popup menu?
- as there is a red line to show where the moving text would be inserted, is the blue point needed?
As we will manage this program our-selves, we will be free for our imagination...
Thus, feel free to ask any improvement.
And please, don't forget that there are obviously a lot of bugs in the standard part, sorry for that
@ihf sorry, I just edited my questions while you arrived.
@ihf I'll force my-self: next week will be reserved for debugging (exception perhaps for very attractive new functionalities 😀)
@cvp I was about to test the latest version on a new iPad and I am getting an error at this line
from SetTextFieldPad import SetTextFieldPad
Module not found. Did I forget to install something on this tablet?
- Not a strong preference but probably vertical
- Double-tap is fine but sometimes it seems to work and other times it just brings up the cut/copy/paste and this error is appearing at gestures line 402: not enough values to unpack
- Again no strong feeling but when I long press to move an item it should take the children with it. I may need to think about this and play with the Mac outliner to see how this is handled if you only want to move part of a level to another place. I assume you know that right now, when moving items, they are not renumbered correctly. (e.g., what you see here shouldn’t be possible https://imgur.com/a/TplSrjF?s=sms)
- I think they are convenient to have there although Mai g to right or left should be able to demote or promote.
- I don’t think the blue dot is needed.
although Mai g to right or left