OK I stumbled upon that post with the script also. On my second and third read and tests in the lastest Pythonista Beta (iPadOS13 and Python 3.6) I did not get it to run.
Now it worked with the updated version of the post and my x-callback-url inside the script ...
From there it should be solved easily
Thanks for the detailed questions.
- Yes the callback works without the x-success
- Yes the callback returns control to pythonista if I put in right x-success call
Strange is the missing result parameter documented by cultured-code (the Things3 developers)
- Yes the show.py script is called and executed.
- No auth-token might be a good hint - not yet tried it - will do it
After reading the latest release notes from Pyhtonista I even found that ole implemented a nice GUI to generate the x-callback-urls
I fear that Things3 would return the data if I only put in pythonista:// in the success parameter > which would then result in not working in pythonista cause it needs the parameters as argv or args
any things3 users that have a working example for x-callback-url with x-success?
I am looking for a solution to capture the IDs that things3 shoul hand back via x-success.
my last url:
things:///add-project?title=42sol.spice:%20Support%20the%20project&tags=test%2ctest&to-dos=review%2042sol.spice:%20Support%20the%20project%0asay%20hello%20to%20felix%0aadd%20a%20issue%20(bug%20report%20or%20feature%20puppy)%0alook%20at%20the%20code&deadline=in%204%20weeks&x-success=pythonista3%3A%2F%2F_gears%2Fxcallbackurl%2Fshow%3Faction%3Drun%26args%3Dx-things-iddoes not work
I work with the latest iPadOS beta and the latest Pythonista beta and it works nearly fine.
I was able to run stash and shellista without any problems
Integration with working copy is good.
External keyboard works fine
- iCloud is not showing correctly (no data displayed)
- floating keyboard messes the up the UI because of the new upper boundery of the keyboard. result -- as in nearly every other app)
Pythonista keyboard keys in floating mode (spaceing between keyboad makes keys to small)
- copy and paste does not work (restart pythonista does the trick)
- keyboard extension bar is messed up (icons left and right of the screen and very small)