I use Editorial exclusively with Dropbox synced files. Having found no way to programatically rename a document, I've created a workflow that just makes a named copy and deletes the original. It's something along these lines:
- Store current filename with editor.get_path()
- Set a variable with the first line of text
- Set a variable with the full contents of the file
- Create a new document, filled with the values of the previous variables
- Delete the previous file with os.remove()
The problem is that when the workflow is run, a "renamed" file is created, but the original is only emptied down to zero bytes; I still see it in the file list.
I tested the workflow with a local file and everything worked fine.
What's wrong with Dropbox? Is it a bug? Is there a way around it?