I have added to this library to provide some easier to use (and useful) functionality. There are still a large number of issues (see below) but as I am already finding the limited functionality of use I thought I'd share it.
Download and install the library from https://gist.github.com/4026453
Once installed, to clone a github repository, simply run the following script. It will prompt for your github credentials and the name of the repository you want to clone.
The repository is cloned to a directory with the same name. To access the files within you will need to use a file browser tool such as the one linked to above.
Once you've made changes to a script file you can commit the changes by running the following script from the actions menu:
This script will ask for credentials again (although remembers the previously entered ones) and also asks for the commit message.
- Only the master branch is cloned - you cannot currently choose a different branch
- Only a single file can be committed at a time
- Only a flat structure is supported - no directories can exist within a repository
- No version history is currently saved to Pythonista - this will likely need to change as this progresses
- Only python (.py) files can be edited (and therefore changed and committed)
If you'd like to contribute to this library, please fork on github: https://github.com/mmurdoch/githubista