• Thank you everyboy. I this is very helpful!

  • If you want to access the mails of your Apple iCloud Mail id, via an iMap application différent of the standard Apple Mail app, and if your Apple ID is secured by a 2-step auth, you need to define your app in the Apple ID as explained here

  • @tileyon If you don't provide a license and only add a copyright statement, then you're not actually allowing anyone to use your code. To run your code, the user has to copy or download it, which would be against the copyright. That's why a proper license is important, otherwise nobody is legally allowed to use your code.

    As far as I can tell, currently your license doesn't allow people to download your code. I'm not a lawyer though. If you really want to write your own license, you should get in contact with a lawyer to make sure that the license legally means what you expect it to mean.

    In almost all cases it's safer, easier and more useful to use an existing well-known open-source license, especially if you want others to contribute to your code. The https://choosealicense.com/ site from GitHub (which I linked to before) gives a good short overview. This and this page on the GNU website are also interesting, but they are of course biased towards copyleft licenses like the GPL. Unlike what they sometimes suggest, it's fine to use a less restrictive license (MIT, Apache, BSD, etc.).

  • @Brando you can execute a string with exec. In python2: exec string_here, In python3: exec(string_here).
    To download the code, use the requests or urllib module. Example (python2): import urllib\nexec urllib.urlopen(some_url_here).read() or import requests\nexec requests.get(some_url_here).text

  • @omz thanks again! It's overall fan friggin tastic. :)

    I'll play with this soon

  • Thanks so much for both your replies!

    To be honest, that code that seems great! I have no idea what most of the code is doing, but I can actually make the screen dimmer then necessary. Thanks very much, when I've made this into something useful for me, I'll post with an update :)

    Now it's fingers crossed Apple doesn't break it!

  • As far as I know, apps can only load libraries that are a part of iOS or that came with the app. This is based on the code signature, and not on the framework location. (For example, you can copy one of Pythonista's internal frameworks and load the copy without any issues using ctypes.) It's not possible to load frameworks that were signed for a different app. (For example you cannot copy a Pythonista framework to Editorial, even though both apps are from the same developer.) Frameworks that you compiled yourself using Xcode cannot be loaded either, even if you sign them with a development certificate. (The exception to that is @omz himself when using a dev build on Pythonista, because that is also signed with the dev cert. I remember there was a conversation about that on Twitter a while back, where omz could load a dev-cert-signed framework, but others couldn't.)

  • I don't have Ulysses, so I can't test there. But the regular Markdown syntax for paragraph and line breaks works for me in Editorial.

    For a paragraph break (i. e. a new <p>...</p> in HTML), you need at least two newlines (at least one blank line in between paragraphs). For a line break without starting a new paragraph (i. e. a <br/> in HTML), you need to type at least two spaces and then a single line break. If you don't add the two spaces before the line break, it is ignored and replaced with a space.

    Also, the HTML preview automatically wraps most text so it fits on the screen without horizontal scrolling. That isn't specific to Editorial though - HTML text soft wraps by default unless you disable it using CSS.

  • @omz thank you very much!

  • @ccc thanks! It's working now!

  • Try Atom from https://atom.io

  • Pythonista is iOS only. The feature are described at http://omz-software.com/pythonista/ and http://omz-software.com/pythonista/docs/ios/ The modules like ui, scene, and canvas allow you to build iOS apps in Python. The inclusion of NumPy, Matplotlib, Requests, BeautifulSoup, Flask, Jinja2, Pillow, etc. are also quite powerful.

  • thanks ccc. i guess i need to set aside some time to really explore this. i've got other fish to fry now but all in due time.

  • ah. i didn't realize you had the vars with the snippets. great! thanks

  • I love Workflow... I use it to schedule appointments from contact info, with specific notes and send automatic confirmation emails.

    I wonder if workflow could make editorial interface with PDFEXPERT?

    (Actually the r/workflow is where I found out about Editorial)

  • is this inside a button action perhaps?

    You cannot put a blocking function inside a button action, or other methods that are called on the ui thread. The calls to the form need to be called as @ui.in_background if that is the case.

    There may be an issue which I have noticed recently when dealing with for examples the photos picker, that presenting a view while another is closing might lead to issues. yOu might try adding a time.sleep() after wait_modal, since this implies you have another view which is getting closed right before this chunk executes.

    It might be helpful to see the entire method, or a complete standalone example that shows the issue.

  • Although it was only a few months back, I can't quite recall if I assembled the example using Papaya with Pythonista or on a completely different platform and then copied just the bytecode data over. 70-413 Dumps The value of doing the latter would have reinforced (to me anyway) the proof that Pythonista was loading and executing pure bytecode data.

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!