I create workflows to set tags as priorities. When I change a priority, I EXTEND to capture the whole line, then remove the old priority, then Replace what is left with the new priority at the end.
But the tasks are initially indented by 1 tab character, and when the line is replaced, it is no longer indented. I am sure there is a simple fix for this, but I don't know what it is.
Can anyone help?
Can you share an example workflow that exposes this problem?
I understand the problem differently now. Here is an example:
Taskpaper File --
Task 1 @later
There is a tab in front of Task 1
- Extend selection both ways start/end of line
- Find/Replace @later with (null)
- Find/Replace regular expression \s+ output (1 space)
- Replace Selected Text with Input @now
Extra spaces can accumulate over time, so line 3 cleans that up. But line 3 is also replacing the tab with 1 single space, which is unfavorable behavior!
There must be a way to fix this.
I solved the problem by find/replace tab with # before doing the find/replace \s+, and after I got rid of excess space, I reverse the fine/replace.
It's a good solution, and if there are 2 or more tabs, it correctly replaces them.