basic workflows for git repos on iOS
iPadOS 13.1.2, newcomer to Pythonista. How do I get my repo into Pythonista so I can run scripts that, for example, read many files and write many files within the repo, and then get my repo back into, e.g., Working Copy so I can sync it with other machines?
I see that I can laboriously copy the folder structure and manually bring each file over. Surely there's a one-stop shop for this? I know this is a super basic question, but I'm baffled. Thanks.
Until iOS13 you could simply open the working copy folder in pythonista as an external folder. This is not possible in iOS 13 with the current version of pythonisa since apple altered the document picker API for folders. See the two threads https://forum.omz-software.com/topic/5817/can-t-add-external-folder-from-working-copy-via-files-app-folders-are-not-selectable-all-folders-inside-files-app-popup and https://forum.omz-software.com/topic/5843/ios-13 for a temporary solution ... We hope that the developer @omz will adapt the new release which is currently in the beta for that new iOS13 documentpicker folder API though.
@instinctive, to summarize:
- In Working Copy, click plus, select Setup synced directory
- Navigate to Pythonista iCloud directory, create a directory named according to your repo, Open
Go to Repository, Add remote, add the github repo address
- Go back and Fetch repo contents
- Wait maybe a little while Working Copy syncs the files to the iCloud dir you created earlier
- In Pythonista, open, edit, and run files from the iCloud directory. Changes are synced with Working Copy
- Commit from Working Copy as usual
@instinctive, after an email exchange with Anders Borum, turns out that it is much simpler. In Working Copy, just go to a repo, select the Sharing icon, then Files Sync to create a suitable iCloud directory for syncing.
If you do not see the iCloud Symbol in pythonista under
- This iPhone/iPad
- iCloud (<- if you do not see this)
or if your iCloud drive does not contain a folder for pythonista when you want to setup the sync in working copy.
Then just head over to the ios settings and choose iCloud and enable pythonista to be able to use the iCloud.